Keeping Your Woman Happy
by James Howlett
Books like "Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus", have instilled all of us with the belief that we men are REALLY different from women, and that massive efforts must be made for our two sexes to get along.
At least that's what I think. We may be different but it's actually pretty easy to keep a woman happy.
Honestly guys, while women can be very complex, most don't require much to keep them happy. So below in no particular order, are ten helpful tips on how to keep her happy.
1) Be Yourself.
- This is the probably the easiest piece of advice one could give you, but it's simply the truth. For instance, don't act like a "bad boy"? just because she's only dated "bad boys" in the past. There's a reason why she fell for you in the first place, so just continue being yourself, cause it's working for you.
2) Do Little Things For Her.
- Offer to cook her dinner or buy her a carton of her favorite ice cream; these simple gestures show that you care and are thinking of her on a regular basis. There's a fine line though - Don't get pussy whipped. Nobody wants to date a doormat or a push over.
3) Appreciate Her.
- Remember to say please and thank you, open doors for her (at least sometimes), and don't be afraid to tell her that you appreciate all she does for you. Not taking each other for granted and appreciating each other is the key to a good relationship.
4) Keep Your Eyes On Her.
- Girls get that guys have a wandering eye. If a Victoria Secret model look-alike comes in your line of vision, and you're going to gawk! (Girls do it too, but are just more tactful and/or slick about it.) When you're with your girl, be respectful and reserve the google-eyed staring for her. This is not to say only have eyes for her, but definitely be mindful that this behavior may bother her and mess with her self-confidence, and thereby your chances for a fun evening. A good tip is to seat yourself with your back to the room whenever possible as it forces you to focus on her.
5) Keep Her Laughing.
- A good sense of humor is another no-brainer way to keep your girl. Kudos to you if making her laugh comes naturally, but don't worry if she doesn't get your humor right away. Keep her laughing, as it will be harder for her to be mad with a smile on her face.
6) Like Her Favorite Things
- Take interest in something she's passionate about. You love sports and she loves knitting. It's not necessary to be into the same things, however, understanding the reasons why she's passionate about knitting wouldn't be a bad idea. Showing interest in something she cares about shows you care about her, and makes her feel infinitely better about herself and the relationship.
7) Keep Yourself Groomed.
- Okay, you got her, but that's not an open invitation to stop caring about your appearance! Keep eating healthy and hit the gym regularly. Continue to shave (unless she likes you scruffy), trim eyebrows and unwanted ear and nose hairs, and wear clean and stylish clothes.
8) Know Her Family and Friends
- Getting to know her family and friends is a great way to show your gal that you're serious; a commitment statement. Also, having a guy who is confident enough to have fun hanging out with other people is a great gift.
9) Be Considerate.
- For instance, if you're running late to meet her or decided to join a few co-workers for drinks before heading home, be considerate and let her know. I know what you're probably thinking, it's unnecessary because you don't keep tabs on each other and she's not your "keeper". That's not the case at all, and that kind of sentiment will be sure to land you in the doghouse eventually. A little consideration and a few secs for a phone call will keep you in her good books!
10) Be Open To Trying New Things.
Don't let your relationship become too predictable and monotonous. Keep things fresh -- be willing to try new things together. It keeps the relationship enjoyable and you learn more about the person's likes and dislikes.
Obviously, there are some girls that require much more attention and care. Basically though, provided she's not super needy or a gold-digger, following these simple tips can make a difference in your relationship, whether it's new and blossoming or long-term and solid.
Back to Article Index